Saturday, January 10, 2009

2009 January 10 update

1 week in, and so far I've done worse than before!  Ugh.  I haven't gone to sleep this late in a long time.  Now I'm up again at 2:00 AM.

I've been drinking too much Diet Coke, and the caffeine's surely doing it to me.

And my eating habits are terrible, too.  Yesterday I had a Gandolfo's bagel with ham and cream cheese for breakfast, then a Bailey's Big Bite Italian Sandwich for lunch, and finally Papa John's pizza for dinner (about 5 pieces).  I hate to think about how many calories that is.  Weird thing is, last night when I got home, the pizza just seemed so delicious.  Usually I'm so over pizza that I don't even care, but it really hit the spot yesterday (well, except for maybe that fifth piece, which was major overkill).

I wanted to get a CD/radio stereo deck for the car, but Jason just put in the stock tape deck.  That turns out to be better, because I finally broke out the Tony Robbins Personal Power cassettes from the closet, and I put them in the car.  Since I have a short drive to work, I don't even get through an entire half of a tape driving to or from work, but I'm actually enjoying the material.  It make a lot of sense so far.

Cheryl's also been hounding me about school, which is her job, but I haven't been able to do much because of my eye.  The cyclosporine's helping though, and hopefully I'll be making good progress soon.  I wasn't able to log in to Taskstream, except to see my old work.  Cheryl checked with IT and told me that my account should work now, but it didn't.  I e-mailed support to get my login renewed.  However, since I was able to download my old work, that should be enough information, for now.

What I really need is to get cracking on the Java Programmer SCJP exam prep.  Since Maura's mentoring and assisting with the other stuff, I should be OK, but time's tight.  I called school to see about the possibility of applying for an extension.  Double ugh.  I really want to avoid that.

Sleep is a biggie.  More sleep means more energy, a more focused mind so that I can be effective at work, and always punctual.  When I'm punctual, I'm also much more motivated to leave work on time, which means more time at home to spend with family, and to work on school.

Too much stuff going on.  I want to do the RealCoach stuff and the Transformation stuff, but the current school demands are already more than too much.  Gotta keep a positive attitude and learn how to increase my personal motivation and effectiveness.  I have the tools, I just need to figure out a) which ones to focus on, and b) apply them.

No comments:

Post a Comment